It’s Saturday afternoon, and it’s time to get to it, as promised. :) … We all remember that Part I on Friday was all about *being* sexy… and making delicious chocolate cupcakes to hand to our lovers whilst prancing around in front of them in sexually explicit little outfits.
… Let’s not forget that. And if you’re still at a loss for what to get/do for your honeybunny this Valentine’s Day, trust us, I don’t think it’s a secret that he’ll be very, very happy to receive all of what I just outlined.
Ohh, and let’s not forgot to be silly every once in a while, too. I don’t think I stressed that on Friday. (I think I average 17 times a day, but that’s me.)
↑ Maximum sillyness is advised, on occasion, for good health ↑
But here’s the thing; most of us don’t have a clue as to *how* to get ourselves from shower to POWER when it comes to makeup, hair and just overall fabulosity. It’s true. I’m no exception; my sweet, lovely mother doesn’t wear a lick of makeup. She spends 5 minutes on her face and hair, and out she goes, looking fabulous. It really isn’t fair. She looks great, and is one of those very lucky ones – the ones who don’t need makeup. Seriously – how unfair is that? It’s unfair. But it also means that it took me FOREVER to learn how to do all of these super fun girlie things my friends’ moms seemed to have taught them… and I’m definitely not a pro yet, by any stretch of the imagination. So it’s always super helpful when pros come along and tell me *exactly* how to do what I need to do to look super-sexy-hottie-with-a-body. (My little brother taught me that phrase; isn’t it bonkers?) Anyway, all of this can be difficult terrain if you’re not a professional… which is exactly why we got some actual professionals to share their super helpful expertise today!
Ok, without further adieu, prepare to get schooled by the pros! Take it away, ladies!
How to take a sexy photo, by Reveal:
We dare you to take a sexy snapshot and text it to your man… give him a little something to think about ;)
How do you snap that sexy pic you ask?
Get your sassy on… grab one of his favorite shirts and try it on over your favorite bra and panty set… or cozy up in his man chair wearing only his boxers and his hat… get creative and reveal only bits and pieces… let his imagination tell the rest of the story. As far as taking the picture we recommend downloading the “Autotimer” application for your iphone and snap away… it may take a few try’s to get it just right… natural light is your best friend when shooting pic’s on your cell phone :) …….
↑ Before shot ↑
Now that you have a shot you love, play around with it in “ShakeItPhoto” (one of our all time favorite camera applications). Check out Lesley’s pics that she set up. When ready text it to your man… make sure you send him a PRE picture text instructing him to find somewhere private to view the text he is about to receive. Check out the after!
Have fun with this and enjoy your sexy!
5 Quick Steps for Sexy Victoria’s Secret Inspired Locks, by Genevieve Garner:
Every time I look thru a Victoria’s Secret catalogue I find myself wanting to jump in the shower just so I can style my hair just like the models! It has so much volume and texture and seems so playful, perfect for Valentines Day right? So here is a quick and easy way to get that look at home!
2. Towel dry your hair and add a product to help you dry and start to create the hold you want. I like to use VaVoom Height of Glam Volumizing Foam by Matrix. Its great for any hair texture and thickness and adds a great base to creating your sexy style!
3. Blow dry your hair upside down. This will help create the volume you are looking for. If you have bangs, dry them first and then pin them down. (We don’t want to re-create Cameron Diaz’s look in Something About Mary!) I like to use a flat square brush while drying to cut down on the frizz.
4. Once dry, its time to section your hair. Trust me, this makes it so much easier to curl! First, section from the top of the ears across the back of your head. Then using a one inch curling iron, start with the bottom section and begin to take vertical sections. I like to start the curl close to the scalp and then wrap the ends in last. The hair closest to your scalp is healthier and therefore takes more heat to hold the curl than the ends. Make sure to pin your curls as you go. Remember when you were little and you saw your mom or grandmother walking around in hot rollers? This is the same concept, when you let your hair cool down while still curled, your curl will last a lot longer. Work your way around your head. Spray with working hairspray. I like to use Tresemme Tres Two Extra Hold. It has great hold but is still flexible. Make sure to let your hair cool down, so do your makeup or eat breakfast now. :)
5. Un-pin your hair and shake your head. I love this feeling of shaking your head because you hair is so light and fluffy and just seems to float. Apply a pea sized amount of shine serum to your palms and warm it up by rubbing your hands together. I like to use Glass 01 by Redken. It’s soft and won’t weigh your hair down. Run your fingers thru your hair, starting at the ends then finish off with another light touch of hairspray and you’re ready to go!!
5 times the Smoky, by Make-Up Pro Stephanie Lawrence:
Stir up some desire this Valentine’s day with my easy to follow 5 times the smoky steps. Steam up your sweetheart with a look that brings the drama. Don’t be surprised when your honey comes down with a love sick fever!
1. The first step to achieve a steamy smoky eye begins with your brows. Tweeze along your natural curve including between the eyes. Sharpen your brow pencil using a shade most like your hair color. Lightly fill in the shape of your brows. Set with clear mascara.
2. Smoke out your eyes with a deep plum shade while using a round eye shadow brush. Apply along the crease of the eye and blend. Further your glam and sprinkle a little sparkle on your lid using glitter.
3. Take a clean eye shadow brush and dip into your highlight color. Swoop it along the brow bone and add a touch to the inner corners of your eyes.
4. Using a wet angle brush, dip into a black shadow and apply along the top lash line from the inner corner out. Gradually thickening the line as you reach the outer corner. Add extra definition and apply a softer, more blended line along the bottom lashes.
5. CURL CURL CURL those lashes!!! Apply two coats of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Make sure you reach those tiny ones on the inner corners to finish off your steamy smoky eyes.
Of course, in the end, it’s all about love. Always keep that in mind. Don’t have time to really sex it up? He doesn’t care; he LOVES you. :)
So, does this help you guys out a bit? We just wanted to make sure you had the tools to achieve “the look,” if you’re planning on sexing it up this Valentine’s Day. Let us know if you need any more tips…
Plus, stay tuned for MORE V-DAY POSTS! We’re so not done yet, my dear friends. So. Not. Done. ;)
xoxo! – Alison
P.S. – I just wanna mention that Google and I have a very symbiotic relationship, you guys. I really treasure it. I love how I can rely on Google to pick up right where I left off. You see, Part I of this beyond fabulous Valentine’s Day boudoir dessert session (which, yes, is amazeballs, I agree) was incredibly sexy. Not the steamiest we’ve posted, believe it or not, but very, very steamy all the same. And I don’t think there’s any argument there, but for the sake of setting up this punchline, I’m just making things excruciatingly clear. Anywho – the endgame of these posts is… how should I put this – we’re, umm, we’re… well, we’re essentially encouraging you guys to do a whole bunch of sexy things that we hope will ultimately lead to some extra fun late night wrestling.
Now, here’s the beauty part: Google, kind and caring father figure that it is, decided to grace us with birth control ad after birth control ad, right there in our handy right sidebar! Too perfect for words. Thanks, Google, for looking out for us. … Thank you, for being a friend.
Travel up the road and down again. Your heart is true… you’re a pal and a confidant. (I seriously want to keep singing here, but I won’t. You’re welcome.)
… And if I threeeewww a paarty, aaaand invited everyone I kneewww…
Ok I’m done. Happy Saturday again!
Photography – Courtney Lindberg of Courtney Lindberg Photography / Styling & Paper Goods – Amber Moon of Pitbulls and Posies Press / Hair – Genevieve Garner / MakeUp Artist – Stephanie Lawrence / Baked Treats – Katherine Leblond of Don’t mind if We Do! / Wardrobe – Trashy Lingerie