*This giveaway is now closed to entries. Winner announced here!*
Happy Thursday afternoon, friendsicles! How ya doin’? Hopefully mighty fine. But if you’re anything less than ‘mighty fine,’ well then I do hope today’s supercalifragilisticexpealadocious giveaway from Krissy of Make Believe’N perks you right up, wherever it is you need some perking. Could be in your mind, your overall spirit, your teetaas, wherever you decide to apply your dose of perk is fine with me. I’m bestowing perkiness in your general direction! Use it well, and in the right areas!
Ok, full disclosure time – I have boobs on my mind. But this is in large part due to randomly watching the Today Show this morning and witnessing a “Peculiar Products” piece by that Bobby person who usually has great ideas and advice. But now that Bobby person is known to me as that person who chose to negate all of that when she decided she was going to walk out onto the set with nipple cream (she calls hers, her “girlfriends”……….ok) that claims to turn nipples pink. I get that there are lots and lots of types of nips out there, but – and sorry to get momentarily preachy and heavy here, but – shouldn’t we sort of be promoting self-acceptance, and not promoting changing body parts? Especially of the nips, and breast area? Maybe I don’t understand the current culture out there with regard to areolas; does this mean I’m getting old? That I don’t understand the current areola culture? The last conversation I had about my breasts turned into a bed wrestling match, as did the 100 before that. But this *pinkifying* cream just seemed very, well, ok, yeah peculiar, now I guess I get it.
Ok back on track. You remember how I mentioned right before we went on vacation that we were gonna be bangin’ out the giveaways in the new season? Fashion, photography, etc.? To be more specific… LuLu*s, Sarah Seven, Emici Bridal, Tessa Kim… THAT’S RIGHT IT IS GO TIME.
Our first giveaway of the new season is from one of our absolutely scrumptious vendors, Krissy of Make Believe’N, and it’s for:
“Any one belt from my current inventory OR a 150.00 credit to the shop. A nice big one ;)”
She’s a generous gal, in addition the sweetness.
Some more details from Krissy, before we get to the info on how to enter…
- The statement belts are for wasp waists to plus size curves. Perfect paired with contrasting textures (think lace) or smooth satin.
- They come on a 2 3/4 inch satin ribbon in a choice of black, bridal white, charcoal or champagne.
- The belts are custom creations…couture even. Depending on my schedule 2-3 week turnaround.
Krissy, who calls me ‘Punkin’ – well, she called me that once, and I begged her to address me as Punkin’ forevermore, to which she agreed (probably with an eye roll, understandably) so that’s the story on that. Krissy owns an Etsy shop full of lovely little wedding accessories for brides who want to make an alternative and bold statement with their look!
Here’s a bit from Krissy herself about what she does:
Big and bold statement bridal belts, contemporary boutonnieres, one of a kind fabric flower bouquets, untraditional ring bearer flowers, and custom head pieces are just a few of the creations that pop out of my head and hands regularly. Each piece is a custom design created out of high quality satins, chiffon, organza, taffeta, tulle, brocade, crepe and voile. Every flower is centered with something special, and often a bouquet will have a huge variety of buttons (new or vintage), beads, pearls, photos, vintage brooches, and/or crystals.
I’ve sprinkled some samples of her work all around this post, but you can go check out her shop to see the whole shebangs shebangs! Now…
★ There are multiple ways to enter this giveaway! ★
1. For this one, you can enter as many times as you like :) Why? I dunno, just felt like it this time. Leave comment(s) on this blog post telling us your favorite pieces from Make Believe’N and or why you think it’s awesome! The contest is for a statement belt OR $150 credit in the shop, but you can pick any items as favorites for your comment(s).
2. If you’re on Twitter, receive an extra entry by tweeting the below (tell us you’ve tweeted, by leaving an extra blog comment):
#Giveaway alert on @theknottybride! @makebelieven FASHION GIVEAWAY!!! http://su.pr/AcUhfy
3. Extra entry if you “Like” The Knotty Bride on Facebook (again, let us know you’ve done so with an extra comment in the comment section of this post)
4. Extra entry if you blog about this giveaway on your blog, either as a stand-alone post, or within a post. Must link to the contest, obvs.
5. Posting about this giveaway on Facebook.
This giveaway will remain open until Thursday, October 6th @ NOON, PST
Important notes: Everyone is eligible to enter. (If you are currently working with the giveaway sponsor on an order placed before entering this contest, winning this contest will not apply to your order, and canceling your order will void your win.) Yes, you can enter multiple ways, and yes, they will count as multiple entries. If you decide to enter in more ways than just leaving a comment on this post, then, with each separate type of entry (Twitter, Facebook Like, blogging the giveaway, posting on Facebook), you must leave a separate comment telling us what that entry was (if you’ve gone ahead and liked us on FB, leave a comment telling us. If you tweeted the giveaway, that’s another comment. Same with reposting the link to this blog post on your own blog. Get it? Got it? Good!)…
Good luck to everyone!
xoxo! – Alison