Sometimes I’m like “LET’S DO THIS, WE SHOULD DO THIS” about a thing or idea. I’ll shout it out in the middle of dinner, or while one of us is in mid-pee, or after we’ve been laying in bed for 10 minutes. It’s startling- it’s a startling thing. But sometimes things hit my brain and I’m like, “WE MUST,” without thinking it through.
Like when I started this blog, that was a spontaneous decision. Or when Honey took me to see some frenchies and I made the spontaneous decision to ignore my allergy to dogs and come home with our frenchie Bambino with our fingers crossed (so far not one sneeze). There was also the time I enjoyed having wings during the Superbowl and I was like, “we should order wings again” and we did, we ordered wings again, this was last night. (They can’t always be winners.)
Really the only thing all of these spur of the moment decisions have in common, is that they’re driven by an instinct that whatever the thing or idea is, IT’S A GREAT ONE OF THEM. And guess what? Eating the wings WAS a great idea; they were delicious and I have never been happier. This morning in the bathroom was a different story but no need to go into any of that.
Well. When Honey and I started thinking about actually starting to plan our wedding, one of the quickest decisions we’ve made so far is to honeymoon registry the shit out of our friends and family. The shit out of them. Undoubtedly going to be the bestest quickest decision we’ve ever made, as a couple (besides marrying and finally buying a place with two bathrooms).
This is where Traveler’s Joy comes in. Have you heard of it? It’s a honeymoon registry, and I have a feeling signing up for it will turn out to be one of the many smartest and most f**king joyful decisions you’ve ever made, too…
As far back as 2004 (when the internet was still just a whittle behbeh of a thing), engaged couples – more than 100,000 of them, you guys – have been skipping the blender so to speak, and registering for the trip of a lifetime. You guys they sound smart. Don’t they? And with Traveler’s Joy, couples are able to register for experiences and activities, and all the other awesome items related to their first travel experience as newlyweds wanting to have fun and bang like bunnies while they’re at it (TMI?).
If you haven’t left my site to go sign up and instead you’re still reading this, it’s safe to assume you’re not one to make snap decisions. I admire that. This next part is for you.
Here are the top reasons Traveler’s Joy is some next level s**t you need to be a part of:
1) Real Member Stories: This section of the site is a popular resource for couples starting to plan their honeymoon. The stories you’ll read are from smart, awesome couples who really wanted to get everything they could out of their honeymoon experiences, and you’ll learn SO MUCH from them. Literally hundreds of stories have been shared in this section, and thousands of couples per year send in their honeymoon stories and photos!
2) Instant Registry: It’ll take just minutes to set up your registry, and you can choose from a list of 50 theme based (think beach, cruise, or mountains) or location specific (think Italy or St. Lucia) item lists. With just a click, items and experiences are added to your registry. And you can edit or delete any item at any time (and also add plenty more of your own if you want!).
3) Group Gifting: It’s easy to divide the cost of expensive items into manageable portions. A private trip on the water at sunset that costs $500 can be split into five $100 gifts (or any size you want). And since there are many honeymoon items that can be hella pricey, almost all couples use this feature in some way.
4) Partnerships & History: Traveler’s Joy has been in business since 2004 and has served over 100,000 members. They’re Featured Registry Partners with WeddingChannel.com, The Knot, and WeddingWire. They’re also proud members of the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program (since 2006). With eight years in the “honeymoon” wedding registry marketplace, Traveler’s Joy is most certainly here to stay.
5) Physical Items: Did you know you could also register for “accessory” items, related to your honeymoon on Traveler’s Joy? Like cameras, video-cameras, guidebooks for travel, LUGGAGE, fun experience gear (like snorkeling), I mean the list goes on and on, you guys. Love that.
6) Honeymoon Tipster: They have a special service that’s one-on-one, and it helps you decide where to stay after you’ve selected your honeymoon destination. They’d consult with you over email/phone to learn more about your specific interests, and a freelance travel writer from the team goes and writes a personalized and detailed report on the area that you, the couple, intend to travel to. (FYI there is a separate fee associated with this optional service.)
7) Special Offer Time!
Remember I mentioned a giveaway? Here we go: Traveler’s Joy is giving away $5,000 toward a honeymoon or first anniversary trip to one lucky couple that signs up with Traveler’s Joy between January 1, 2013 and April 30, 2013. (Winner will be notified on May 8, 2013!)
Ok, SO! Tell me, do you find the concept of the honeymoon registry as stellar an idea as I find it? What’s your snap judgment? You don’t have to answer that.. I just want someone to talk to.