*This is a partnered post, written from the heart.
Hey friendlies… jump into any one of the following 5 Things and you’re bound to start feeling pretty good about yourself. Why not start today? OK… TO THE LIST!
1. If you’re like me you spend a lot of your time in a seat staring at a screen. And have you heard what they say about sitting so long every day? It’s worse for you than smoking. YES, THAT’S RIGHT. I know I was just as shocked as you are. So start moving around more often, stretching at your desk, taking walks outside — really whatever you want to do to get that blood flowing!
2. Be one of those cool couples everyone admires, and choose lab-created diamonds. We here at TKB would like to recommend Gemesis, if an engagement is in the air or you just want some dope bling in the form of a conflict-free ring. Here’s the need to know:
Yes, they’re real. Gemesis lab created diamonds are diamond. Meaning, they are single crystal growth and have chemical, physical and optical properties that are identical to mined diamonds. The only difference is point of origin. Real talk.
“Lab-created diamonds” “man made diamonds” and “cultured diamonds” are all the same thing. Sometimes CZ and other simulants are called “man made diamonds,” but this isn’t true because they aren’t diamond at all, they’re materials meant to appear to be diamond to the naked eye.
Because of their origin, Gemesis lab-created diamonds are guaranteed conflict-free and eco-friendly. The production has a much smaller carbon footprint than the mined process as well as not requiring the removal of earth or negative affects on ecosystems that can cause.
(What more is there to say? It just makes sense.)
3. Are you drinking enough water? I notice a significant improvement in my energy, my happy factor, and my appearance (softer skin, more hydrated cuticles) when I drink several glasses of water a day. So whenever I can remember, I pour a tall glass of water and chug that baby right down. My body sort of can’t stand the act of drinking a glass of water (I know it’s weird), so I have to chug it from optimist to pessimist level while hovering over the sink, then cough hysterically until the nightmare is over. Yeah!
4. Leave your place of residence more often. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut when you follow a daily routine, but you mustn’t succumb to it. Honey and I joined a krav maga class recently; 3 classes in, we’re already hooked on the adrenaline factor! Plus we get to fake strangle each other and then be ninjas to break free. So, really great class. Highly recommend it.
5. Make the effort to be more honest in your relationship. Ever wished you could just tell your partner anything? Well guess what – you can! No really, we can all get there. It just takes a little effort here and there along the way. But as they say, anything worth having is worth fighting for right? A quick aside: chances are if you’re wanting a deeper connection in your relationship, it’s probably something your partner is craving too. And trust me; the hardest part of deciding to be vulnerable with your partner is deciding to be vulnerable with your partner. The truth is an incredible people connector!
Now it’s time for the really fun part (for me anyway)…
…my personal favorite picks, from Gemesis!
(wee note: prices on Gemesis reflect setting only, as Gemesis allows customers to choose their own diamond.)
I hope you guys enjoyed today’s tips, they really do work for me!
And a little question for those of you who are engaged: did you help pick out your engagement ring? Or was it a complete surprise to you?